Firstly, understand that a low carbohydrate diet reduces the carbs that you intake for each meal. Instead of eating carbohydrates, you should purely focus on eating vegetables, proteins and fats that are healthy.
Carbs is one of the three main types of food that is required for the body to function properly. The other two types of food are fat and protein. The body is able to use the energy from carbohydrates. They can be used later or even now. If the body does not use the carbohydrates then it will be converted to fat, which will be kept in store in your body.
There are a few low carb food Singaporefacilities that will help you get on the diet if you have trouble. But the question is why you should follow a low-card diet?
The main reason is that when you do not consume carbohydrates is that when you do not intake carbs, your body will not store it as fat. If the body is active, then the carbs will be used as fuel for the energy. Those individuals who are on a low carb diet are able to lose more weight than those who are on a low fat diet.
Many people find that the low carb diet is very challenging because you have to make changes to your diet. Here are some tips to help you with the low carb diet:
- You can consume low carb food item such as chicken breast, pork, fish, leafy green vegetables, eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, seeds, nuts, olive oil coconut oil, strawberries, apples, and Greek yogurt.
- You need to know the amount of carbohydrates that you will be taking in to your body. It is essential that you count the number of calories and keep count of the grams and calories as well. Do not forget that you need to ensure that the food you will consume still contains vitamins and minerals as well.
- Create a meal plan, which will help you keep control of your mouth and what you actually put into it. When you plan your meal you will be able to stick to the diet. It will help you avoid fast food as well.
- Prepare yourself to make the meals as well and ensure that you buy everything you need for the healthy meal plan. This will help you during busy times as well as save money too.
- Have low carb healthy snacks as well such as eggs, unsweetened yogurt, carrots, nuts and cheese.
As long as you are prepared and you have your mind set on it, you can do it!